This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MazolaHeartHealth #CollectiveBias
It does not get any simpler than this light & fresh sheet pan recipe for an easy weeknight meal. Weeknights are hard and even when you have time to cook, there can be a lot going on. No one wants to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. That’s why I’m loving this recipe. A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, to learn more about this claim, see MAZOLA.com
It’s simple, and better-for-you. There’s simple and easy ingredients, plus no pans, no boiling, no full sink of prep-dishes to clean up. It’s a no-mess, no-fuss dinner that is healthier for you.
This recipe pairs gnocchi (and no you don’t have to boil them!) chicken, broccolini (baby broccoli) and a full lemon flavor.
It’s also made with Mazola® Corn Oil, making it perfect for February — National Heart Health Month. Did you know? A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com
One might think you have to boil gnocchi, but they come out really nice in the oven – tender and full of flavor, with just a little crispiness. My kids loved them! The lemon flavor and really is nice with the chicken and broccolini.
On one pan, you’ve got a full dinner that everyone will love. It has made my family’s dinner rotation for sure! Get the recipe below!
Why Corn Oil?
Did you know that Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health. It has a variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing. Mazola Corn Oil has more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than other cooking oils – four times more than olive oil and one and a half times more than canola oil. Clinical studies indicate that when consumed as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, plant sterols can help reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the gut. (A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.)
You can find Mazola Corn Oil at most of your local retailers. Let me know if you try this recipe or others – and if you try making the swap with corn oil.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Gnocchi with Broccolini & Lemon
- 6-8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 16 ounces shelf stable gnocchi (mini gnocchi used for a more kid-friendly meal, but regular sized can be used)
- 1 bunch broccolini (or broccoli rabe if preferred)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan shreds, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccolini, gnocchi and lemon slices. Add the Mazola corn oil, lemon juice, and spices. Mix well, then place onto a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a squeeze of lemon. Place on pan with vegetables & gnocchi.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir well, after 15 minutes. If your Broccolini begins to char, you can remove and plate.
- Top with shaved parmesan, if desired.