This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. #MyMcCainPotatoes #CollectiveBias
Today, I’m sharing a game-day favorite sandwich around here, with a little twist. It’s not your common sandwich and it’s certainly got big taste. This is a crunchy, Ultimate Hot Pastrami Sandwich with slaw and fries – only this takes the fries off the side and puts them right on the sandwich.
I’m proof that you can be a fan of game-day – even if you’re not that into sports. Whether it’s basketball season, baseball, football or hockey, to me, game day is all the same! Good people, good food and good fun. Whether you watch the game with 3 people or 15, there’s so many ways to make it fun. That’s why McCain® products are always a part of our game day watch parties and entertaining, no matter how big or how small.
McCain products are made with real potatoes that are perfect to pair with your game day spread – and right now, until 5/31/19, you can get $1.50 off when you purchase 2 participating McCain products at Walmart. You can submit your rebate & learn more details HERE.
Did you know? McCain Foods is a multi-national company established in Canada. It’s the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen potato products.
Just in time for game-day, I stocked up on McCain® Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries (to go on this sandwich!), McCain® Smiles® Mashed Potato Shapes (who doesn’t love these?) and McCain® Seasoned Waffle Fries (also a candidate for the sandwich!).
Load all of these products onto trays and have the best fry-bar there ever was for your next watch-party. Make sure everyone has their own “holder” and allow people to help themselves. (We made ours with some craft paper – easy!) Get creative with dipping sauces and, as this sandwich proves, show that there’s no limit to what your fries can top!
Ultimate Hot Pastrami Sandwich
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups McCain® Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries OR McCain® Seasoned Waffle Fries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced deli pastrami
- 4 slices swiss cheese cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread – thickness is your choice – toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper & add cabbage/slaw mix and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake fries according to package directions.
- Drain cabbage.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, divide pastrami into four stacks; top each with cheese. Bake at 450° for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Use spatula to place pastrami on four toasted slices. Layer with fries, coleslaw. Serve immediately – oven to game day table! Enjoy!
You can find McCain products in the frozen food aisle at Walmart!