Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AnIceCreamForThat #TheresAnIceCreamForThat #CollectiveBias
I don’t think anyone would disagree that ice cream and other frozen snacks are pretty much synonymous with summertime. What would a summer celebration be without ice cream, right?! Even on those non-celebratory days, there’s just something so fun and nostalgic about summer frozen snacks. Around here, I always stock up on some of our favorites once the weather gets warm. My absolute favorite? Skinny Cow® Ice Cream, especially the ice cream sandwiches.
These sandwiches feel indulgent but in a delicious, satisfying, portion-controlled way! Along with the sandwiches, I always pick up my favorite Outshine Simply Yogurt bars so I have both my snacking and indulgence needs covered!
As delicious as these frozen snacks are in their out-of-the-box form, you can do a lot with Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches to take them to the next level, especially when entertaining or when you just need a small “mom moment.” One thing I like to make with the Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches is S’Mores Ice Cream Sandwiches Pops.
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich Pops
To get started, you need the following:
- Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches (any variety)
- Melting Chocolate Chips
- Double boiler or pot over large bowl.
- Wooden sticks
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows – quartered (tip, spray your knife with a little non-stick spray)
- Start by unpackaging however many sandwich pops you want to make. Prepare a large cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler or bowl over a pot.
- While chocolate is melting, insert stick into each ice cream sandwich and place on tray.
- Once chocolate is melted, dip one edge, on angle, into chocolate. Quickly place on waxed paper and sprinkle with graham crackers and marshmallows.
- Place in freezer to further set for at least 1-2 hours. If you won’t be eating them immediately, cover tray or individually wrap each ice cream sandwich pop with waxed paper.
You can really do any topping – think dried fruit, nuts, sprinkles, coconut – or just about anything you can create! This is such a fun idea for entertaining or all around summer-fun. What would you top yours with?
I picked up all of my ingredients, Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches and OUTSHINE bars at Stop & Shop, my local Ahold store. You can find your favorite varieties at Ahold stores!
DEAL ALERT: While you’re at it – get this deal to SAVE! The Load to Card offer at Ahold stores is a great deal! You can save $1 when you buy any two OUTSHINE, Skinny Cow or Drumstick. This offer is valid 5/27/18 until 6/16/18.
Share with me, what are your favorite summer frozen snacks?