This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil All opinions are mine alone. #Simpleswap #CollectiveBias
One pan. Easy clean-up. Simple weeknight meal. Prep ahead. Big on taste. The whole family loves it.
This recipe for Bruschetta Chicken with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes has it all! Everything I’m looking for in a meal to make my family. And while this dish is pretty perfect, I knew there were some things that it could do without, ingredient -wise. To make this meal better-for-you I decided to do a swap out a couple of the ingredients to make it better-for-you. The swaps included Mazola® Corn Oil instead of extra virgin olive oil and part-skim mozzarella instead of regular full fat. These swaps might seem minor, but they make a big difference! So why Mazola® Corn Oil? A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
In researching it myself, I learned that Mazola® Corn Oil is made of 100% pure oil with no additives. The only thing that comes through will be the flavor of the food! I really like that corn oil has a neutral taste that won’t impact the ingredients – letting the flavor of food stand out.
Finally, one last reason why it works so well with recipes like this is that Mazola has a smoke point higher than most cooking oil at 450°F making it ideal for a variety of cooking applications, like this Bruschetta Chicken with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. See how my swaps worked out in this recipe below.
Bruschetta Chicken with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces fingerling or red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried italian blend seasonings
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (Part Skim) cut into 4 slices
To Make the Bruschetta:
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (red and yellow) halved
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make Bruschetta Topping: combine tomatoes, Mazola® Corn Oil, balsamic vinegar in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken onto one side of the prepared baking sheet.
- Place potatoes onto the opposite side of the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Add olive oil, garlic; italian seasonings and rosemary (to potatoes) season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
- Top chicken with Bruschetta Mixture
- Place into oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, tomatoes are roasted and potatoes are brown and crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Top chicken with mozzarella for last 10 minutes of cooking.
I think this dish makes a great weeknight meal – and can be made on one sheet pan and served. Easy cleanup and fast cooking. I think the swaps work well here to keep the flavors and vibrant ingredients intact. Mazola Corn Oil is a great substitute and the part skim mozzarella saves you fat and calories without compromising on taste. Finally, instead of seasoning with salt, I used fresh italian seasoning, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. A fresh squeeze of lemon after cooking also helps give the dish some taste without adding salt. I hope you give this a try – let me know how you like it.
What weeknight meals are your go-to favorite and are fast/easy? What dish could you substitute Mazola® Corn Oil for in preparation?