This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #changesnackingforgood #CollectiveBias
Fall is my favorite time of year. It brings so many opportunities to gather together and there’s nothing better than sitting around a table with good friends, food and drink. When I entertain, I love to put together a great antipasti platter that can be left out, allowing guests to “graze” and enjoy over the entire event or get-together. And the thing with an antipasti platter is that it’s really easy to put together once you’ve picked up all of the options at the store. There isn’t much prep work and once you style your platter, the results can be really impressive.
To plan your antipasti spread, decide on a combination of flavors. Think salty, sweet, or spicy. Choose a variety of charcuterie, nuts, cheeses and olives.
You can also use a combination of dried and fresh fruits. You can also use marinated artichoke hearts, cherry peppers and peperoncino. You’ll also want to think about the texture each item offers. For example, use soft and hard cheeses, like mozzarella and Parmigiano. For charcuterie, a hard salami vs. a thin-sliced prosciutto.
I also always include nuts to add a crunch and balance the other flavors and textures. My favorite are Sahale Snacks Naturally Pomegranate Flavored Pistachios Glazed Mix (Includes Whole Roasted Pistachios and Almonds, Cherries and pomegranate flavored apples, Lemon and Black Pepper!).
Not only do these add a salty, sweet and crunchy element to your antipasti platter, they are also Non-GMO Project Verified and Kosher. Every bite of these snacks is an experience – I love all of the elements and flavors that go into each. You can have them in a bowl as part of your platter. I like to use them as a topping on crunchy toast creations – topping crunchy italian bread with ricotta and some of the Sahale Snacks mix. Yum!
Like the nuts, it’s okay to buy pre-made for your ingredients. That’s what keeps you out of the kitchen and enjoying time with your guests. Make your platter ahead, and have it ready when guests arrive.
Here is a specific list or “recipe” for a great antipasti platter:
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT ANTIPASTI PLATTER
- Charcuterie – Prosciutto, Mortadella, Salami
- Fresh fruits – Grapes, Melon, Tomato
- Dried fruits – figs
- Olives – the non-pitted taste so much better!
- Nuts – Sahale Snack Mix – Naturally Pomegranate Flavored Pistachios Glazed Mix
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Roasted peppers
- Soft cheese – Ricotta, Mozzarella
- Hard cheese – Parmiggiano
- Italian Bread, Flatbreads, Breadsticks
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Choose a longer width wood board, to run the length of the table.
- Lay the charcuterie out on different parts of the board. (Fold or roll mortadella and salami, loosely bundle up the prosciutto.
- Fill small bowls with fresh ricotta and top with sea salt and fresh pepper. Fill another bowl with the Sahale Snacks mix. Places bowls in different parts of the board or around it.
- Lay out the roasted peppers, tomatoes, and marinated artichoke hearts.Top with pepper and sea salt.
- Break chunks of the hard cheese with the tip of a knife and add in slices of mozzarella.
- Fill in gaps with olives, nuts, dried figs, bread or crackers. Fill a jar with breadsticks.
- Surround the board with greens or flowers. Another idea is to garnish with fresh herbs/greens.
- To drink, have mineral water, sparkling italian fruit beverages.
Want to include Sahale Snacks in your next antipasti spread? You can look for them at Ahold Stores – like Stop & Shop, Giant Carlisle, Giant Landover or Martins – in the aisle with other nuts.
Look for all the varieties, including the one I purchased for my antipasti platter: Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix, Naturally Pomegranate Vanilla Flavored Cashews Glazed Mix, Honey Almonds Glazed Mix, Thai Cashews Glazed Mix, Tangerine Vanilla Cashew-Macadamia Glazed Mix, Raspberry Crumble Cashew Trail Mix, Maple Pecans Glazed Mix. Sahale Snacks taste great and are certainly changing snacking for the good!
You can also score a digital coupon savings of $1.50 off one(1) 4oz bag from now until 12/29! Find your store below to get your coupon.
PIN FOR LATER