If you’re looking to go beyond tuna salad, this recipe for Tuna Croquettes or Tuna Cakes is a really unique and delicious way to incorporate tuna into a lunch, dinner or snack.
The most important thing about this recipe is, of course, the tuna. You’ll want to use a high-quality tuna, like Wild Selections® This tuna is amazing in that it not only feeds you and your family but also gives back to the World Wildlife Fund with every Wild Selections® can you purchase.
With Earth Day on the horizon, I thought I’d share what makes Wild Selections® so unique:
- Wild Selections® gives back to the oceans by donating 13 cents from every can sold—a total of $1 million by 2018—to World Wildlife Fund marine conservation and fishery improvement projects. Wild Selections is the only brand to “pay it forward” and act on its belief to take care of the oceans for the future, not just fishing sustainably in the present.
- It is the only full line of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood. The blue MSC eco-label tells you the fish in your can comes from well-managed fisheries and healthy fish stocks. Where the fish is caught is much more critical than how it was caught (limited impact if the fish stock is overfished).
The quality of the product, the simple all-natural ingredients and delicious taste make Wild Selections the best choice for this recipe!
You might not have ever made Tuna Croquettes, but you’ll be really surprised at how EASY it is – and what a favorite it will become next to staples like Tuna Salad. My favorite way to enjoy Tuna Croquettes is over a salad – but I do find that I like these served hot, right from the pan. I have served them to my kids (the 2 non-picky ones) that are just starting to try out and like seafood. They tried and really loved these. Next time you’re preparing tuna, go beyond the tuna salad and try these. I’d love to know what you think!
- Wild Selections Solid Albacore Tuna in Water (2 cans)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs (I like to use panko)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of prepared salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 8 Cakes/Croquettes
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients. Mix gently until ingredients just hold together.
Using a measuring cup (1/3c cup) to scoop tuna mixture and shape into patty. Makes about measure of tuna mixture per patty, shape into 8 cakes.
Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat in nonstick skillet. Cook cakes until golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 3 minutes per side. You’ll want to make sure you serve hot, over a bed of lettuce.
Enjoy! Remember to visit this link for more information and to see how you can incorporate Wild Selections® into your Earth Day!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.