Moms work hard. Whether you’re a working parent, stay-at-home or work-at-home mom, there’s no doubt that juggling the responsibilities of parenthood is never easy. When you can take the little things off your plate or make them easier, you can accomplish so much more. Amazon has played a big role in lessening my load as a mom. It has saved me countless trips with three kids in tow. I love being able to search, click and it arrives at my doorstep in two days (thanks to my Prime membership). Done and done.
And as if that wasn’t simple enough, Amazon Dash makes it even less complicated. I’ve included the top ten things that busy moms/parents should be using Amazon Dash Buttons for. But first, a little bit about what Amazon Dash is.
This two-year-old program features more than 250 Amazon Dash Buttons, ranging from household essentials to beverages & grocery to pets, and beyond. It is an exclusive program for Amazon Prime members only. Amazon Dash Button is a Wi-Fi connected device that reorders everyday essentials with the press of a button. Each individual Dash Button is linked with a product of your choice -and this is done during the set-up process. When you notice you’re running low, simply press the Amazon Dash Button and it will automatically reorder the item, with your free Prime shipping. It’s that easy. And while it may seem easy enough to hop online and order the items from Amazon (because it really is)….it is one extra step and as a mom, I don’t always remember to place the order when I notice I’m running low. If placing the Amazon Dash button in a location with the product, you’ll be able to press it as soon as you know you’re low.
I know what you’re thinking —- “I have small kids. No way. If they get a hold of that button, I’ll have 50 boxes showing up on my doorstep.” Not to worry. Amazon thought of everything and put a special safeguard in place so that Dash Button will only respond to your first press until your order is shipped and arrives on your doorstep. You can even set up notifications for every order received. Best of all, Amazon Dash Buttons are essentially free – with the first order through an Amazon Dash Button, members receive a $4.99 credit to their Amazon account.
Amazon Dash Button allows you to reorder from leading brands – including Bounty, Tide, Charmin, Puff’s, Glad, Clorox, Cascade, Gatorade, Maxwell House, smartwater, Izze, Larabar, Olay, Gillette, Goldfish Crackers, Colgate, Playtex, L’Oreal, Gerber, Wellness, Finish, Optimum Nutrition, Greenies, Hefty, Ziploc, Ice Breakers, Digestive Advantage, Mrs. Meyers and many more.
So what Amazon Dash Buttons should busy moms set up?
- Coffee. Let’s just start with the important stuff. If you run out of coffee, there’s nothing else getting done. I keep our Amazon Dash button for Folgers right on the pantry door. It is out of reach for my kids and when I notice that I need more, I simply press it!
- Baby’s Feeding: Keep an Amazon Dash Button linked to these essentials – formula or foods, like Plum Organics and Gerber.
- Dishwasher Detergent Pods: There is nothing worse than a sink full of dishes. And simultaneously realizing you’re out of dishwasher detergent is the worst. When I noticed I’m down to a few Cascade pods, I click and forget about it.
- Pet Food and Treats: This is one I’m always forgetting. I love our dog, but it’s just not at the forefront of my mind. Now, I can place an Amazon Dash Button right where I keep our dog supplies and click the items I need when I need it.
- Toilet Paper: No explanation necessary. This is an essential there is no way around.
- Cleaning Supplies – like Clorox Cleanup Wipes: With kids in the house we go through a lot of these. They are essential for me to keep my house clean and germ-free.
- Laundry Detergent (and Fabric Softener) Place this Amazon Dash Button right on your Washing Machine or Dryer and when you notice the bottle is feeling a bit light, press the button and you’re done.
- Bottled Water: These are essential for lunches and sports and the Amazon Dash Button helps make sure you’re always well-stocked.
- Essential Toiletries – like Colgate Toothpaste
- Batteries: We all know how it goes when one of the kids come looking for you to replace the batteries in that beloved toy – and you’re out. Cue the tears. Never be without batteries again with the Energizer Amazon Dash Button.
- Pantry Staples: Keep the pantry stocked with their favorite snacks and lunchbox items using a variety of Grocery Amazon Dash Buttons.
How would you use and organize your Amazon Dash Buttons? Which Amazon Dash Buttons would you use?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.