Thank you to Vicks for sponsoring this post as part of my compensated participation in the Vicks Ambassador Program. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
No one likes when a cold or cough strikes. It’s draining and just when you need more sleep, it’s nearly impossible to get comfortable enough to snooze. We all have certain things that make us feel better – our own sick day essentials. I’m always looking for new ideas and hacks to help my family and I feel better.
Let’s start with my essentials:
Sick Day Essentials
Soft Tissues (with aloe) | Vicks VapoRub | Tea | Herbal Lozenges | Cool Air Vaporizer | Water Bottle | Comfy Clothes/Robes | Tablet (for reading or binge watching!) | Vicks VapoPads | Comfy Blankets
Sure, some of these things may be basic – but it’s what you do with some of them that makes the best sick day hacks!
Sick Day Hacks
- Purchase tissues with aloe or lotion to prevent and soothe a sore, raw nose.
- Add lemon and honey to tea to soothe a sore throat. The warmth of the tea is also soothing.
- Use a cool mist vaporizer. This will help keep you from drying out, helps you breathe easier and soothes irritated noses and throats. The Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist humidifier quietly produces visible cool mist, providing temporary relief from cough and congestion for better breathing and a more comfortable sleep.
As a Bonus, you can add Vicks VapoPads to your Vicks Vaporizer to help relieve nighttime coughs with soothing scents. Fill the air with moisture and scent for quiet, comfortable sleep!
- Raise your head to help drain sinuses. Use extra blankets, books or pillows under your mattress to get some elevation.
- The little things: Change your sheets and get in your comfortable clothes or robes. A fresh made bed and clothes that feel good go a long way. Take a shower, not only will you feel refreshed, the steam helps to loosen clogged sinuses.
- Soothe a sore throat by gargling salt water.
And probably the most effective hack, is to use Vicks VapoRub
Vicks VapoRub is a go-to remedy that helps moms, dads and kids find the soothing cough relief they need to get some sleep. Everyone knows the distinct, soothing and nostalgic scent of VapoRub. It brings back memories from childhood- having been used by families all over the world for more than 100 years.
What I love about Vicks VapoRub, a topical cough suppressant, is that it will work instantly. There’s no waiting. Vicks VapoRub will get you feeling better right away by helping quiet even the most stubborn coughs. In fact, Vicks VapoRub is the #1 Pediatrician Recommended Rub. It is a clinically proven cough remedy that can be applied to anyone in the family – age 2 and over. You can use Vicks VapoRub up to three times daily by simply rubbing a layer on your chest and throat. Comfort and relief – making Vicks VapoRub my #1 sick essential!
Want to add Vicks VapoRub to your family’s sick essentials kit? Get a coupon to try it out HERE.
Share with me : What sick essentials are in your sick-day kit? What sick day hacks do you have to bring you and your family comfort?