This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StayInWithPasta #CollectiveBias
Before kids, date-night was easy. We got dressed, we went OUT and came home at whatever time we wanted. Fast forward 7 years and we have three kids. Date-night looks completely different. And we’re okay with that. Sometimes the best date is the one where you stay in, have something great to eat and watch your favorite shows or movies.
This year, for Valentine’s Day, I’m planning to stay-in and invite my wife to a good dinner, favorite dessert and a night of catching up on our favorite shows. I created a printable to let my wife know that we’re having a date night – No excuses! Print this out (see below) and put it in your significant others’ planner, near their phone in the morning or wherever they’re sure to see it.
Download this invite and start planning your night-in.
Simple is Better
Keep everything simple – especially the dinner. I made a delicious meal with Barilla® Rigatoni. This simple recipe is a favorite – combining a creamy sauce made of four cheeses, broccoli and Rigatoni.
Bonus: Since my kids would like this recipe, too – I made enough to send for lunch the next day. Lunch for the next day….done!
You can have a lot of fun this Valentine’s Day with Barilla pasta shapes. Here’s some inspiration from Barilla:
If you’re looking to try a fun pasta shape from Barilla for Valentine’s Day – shop at Target with this Cartwheel offer:
You can find Barilla in the pasta aisle at Target.
Get the recipe for the cheesey broccoli & pasta bake below!
CONNECT WITH BARILLA
Share with me; what would your favorite pasta dish be for a ‘stay in night’ with Barilla?
- Barilla Rigatoni – 1 box
- 3 cups shredded 4 cheese blend (cheddar, provolone, mozzarella and parmesan)
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 2 cups whole milk
- Coat a baking dish with non-stick spray and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot boil the pasta according to the directions.
- In a separate saucepan combine milk, salt, pepper, garlic and heat thoroughly.
- When the mixture is bubbling slightly, add the cheese to the liquid mixture and continue to stir. until cheese is fully melted.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot you used to cook the pasta.
- Add broccoli and cheese mixture and combine.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted/bubbly.
- Recipe goes great with added chicken.