This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things about tea is the variety – the way different tea flavors can make you feel. Tea has that unique ability to warm and soothe the soul, connect people and make memories. That is why I TEA PROUDLY with Bigelow Tea. It is my #1 choice in tea. A favorite way to enjoy my tea is with a good book, a warm blanket and a candle. Inspired by the flavor and spices of Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea, this DIY soy candle is simple to make.
First, choose a container for your candle. You can go with a clear mason jar, repurposed jar or something a little bit different – like this colored glass dessert bowl I’m choosing to make mine in.
100% all Natural Soy Wax Flakes
Wicks with Clips
Wick Centering Tool (or small wooden stick or even a large enough clothespin)
Pot / Heat Safe Bowl – use as a double boiler
Thermometer – I use a candy thermometer
What seems like a lot of flakes will only make one small candle, so be generous with how much you melt. For this candle, I chose to be inspired by my favorite Bigelow Tea – Vanilla Chai. I used my own spices to mimic the scents from my favorite notes of the tea.
I used ground cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and ground allspice. I also used some Vanilla scented essential oil.
- Melt the wax over the double broiler. The melting point of soy wax is 130 degrees F.
- While the wax is still warm, at desired temperature, add in spices.
- Pour into jar or container, ensuring that the wick stays centered.
Allow to cool fully and then trim the wick.
Then grab a book, a cup of Bigelow Vanilla Chai and enjoy.
Bigelow invites you to Tea Proudly – the platform that encourages Bigelow tea drinkers to share their pride, to elevate tea and share a passion for it. Bigelow knows a thing or two. A family company for 3 generations, US manufacturing, and quality tea and ingredients.
Some Fun Tea Facts :
- Tea is second only to water as the most widely consumed beverage in the world.
- 82% of Americans drink tea – which equates to 158 million people who count tea as the top beverage choice. In fact, 42% of Americans under the age of 30 prefer to drink tea, and 27% drink tea exclusively.
- There are Millions of tea drinkers who Tea Proudly all around the U.S. – making tea drinking an American tradition.
I always stock up on my favorite Bigelow Teas at Walmart! They always have my favorite varieties!
Connect with Bigelow
See more & Tea Proudly in this video:
Do you need a break? Enter to win!
Share with me, how do you Tea Proudly with Bigelow? What tea-inspired scents would you infuse into your candle?