Need a last minute, simple dessert idea for 4th of July entertaining? These layered jello jars are just right – ideal for this patriotic holiday.
What You Need:
Cherry/Strawberry Gelatin Mix
Berry (Blue) Gelatin Mix
Plain Gelatin – Unflavored
1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
It’s always easiest to follow the directions for your gelatin mix; Mine called for adding 2/3 cup of water (boiling) to each gelatin mix – Red and Blue.
Stir for 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Pour half of your milk into bowl; stir in unflavored gelatin mix. Let stand.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a slow simmer in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla flavoring. Add this to the gelatin & milk. Be sure to stir until completely dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Spray your mason jars with non-stick spray (LIGHTLY – I like to spray onto a paper towel and coat the inside of the jar that way)
- Spoon the red gelatin first to desired layer size – add raspberries. Refrigerate and allow to firm. Repeat with white gelatin, allowing to firm up and finally with the blue. Top with a layer of blueberries.
- Fully refrigerate and allow to firm fully. Serve & enjoy.