This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Snapple. The opinions and text are all mine. #TrueTeaTaste
When it comes to summer entertaining, I like light, easy and effortless. These Blueberry Almond Ricotta Tarts are just the right amount of sweet. To make it easy, I took some liberty with the “tart” part and used a graham cracker crust base in a mason jar. It makes this a fun and simple dessert that you can whip up in no time.
A crumbled crust lines the bottom of the jar and ricotta is whipped with a bit of mascarpone cheese, lemon zest and honey to create that “just right” sweetness.
This is then piped onto the top of the crust and topped with a caramelized almond and blueberry mixture.
And what pairs perfectly with it? The true tea taste that you’ll find in Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea.
Featuring sleek new packaging, you can be sure that there is a true tea taste in every single sip of this delicious tea.
I love the light flavors of the original Straight Up Tea™ varieties – Unsweetened, Sorta Sweet and Sweet. You can also find new varieties available now- Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea & Rooibos.
I stocked up on a bunch of the different varieties while I was at Stop & Shop – the price was perfect and now I can enjoy this favorite all summer long.
Why choose Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea?
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- No artificial anything
- True Tea Taste
- Three levels of sweetness, plus black, green and rooibos varieties.
For this recipe, I went light to go along with the qualities of my mini tart in a jar — it’s sorta sweet so it pairs really well with the Unsweet, Sorta Sweet and Sorta Sweet Honey Green Tea.
Put these on ice, prepare your jars in advance and you’ve got an instant tea with friends – summer style.
You can get more ideas for enjoying the true tea taste of Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea HERE.
What variety of Snapple® Straight Up™ Tea would you like the most? What would you pair your tea with?
- Graham Cracker Crust – Crumbled
- 1 c. Ricotta (whole milk works best)
- ½ c. Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- To make the caramelized blueberries/almonds:
- Melt butter over low heat
- Add brown sugar until it melts and combines with butter.
- Add almonds – allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add blueberries to mixture – stirring to combine. Set aside and allow to cool.
- To make jars:
- Crush a graham cracker crust, tart crust or make your own with graham crackers.
- Line bottom of each jar with graham cracker crust.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta and mascarpone cheese. Mix well. Add honey and lemon zest and combine until well mixed and soft.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into each jar and top with blueberry mixture.
- You can prepare ahead and refrigerate. Enjoy!