This post features ideas for keeping breakfast simple includes recipes for Ricotta Toast – 3 Ways. This has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
Eating well can be hard – at least for me with little ones, a busy schedule and limited time. But, I find I’m the most successful when I keep it simple. Preparing lunches and dinners ahead of time and having loads of fresh fruits, veggies and good-for-you snacks on hand is key. I’ve also found that it’s important to me to not deprive myself of what I enjoy. Having my favorite items during the day helps keep me satisfied and on-track.
The first of these things is coffee. I need my coffee. And I take it light with a little bit of sweet. My coffee helps me get my day started and I enjoy the taste of coffee every day. The missing piece was making my cup of coffee more simple. So now, I enjoy International Delight Simply Pure in my morning cup.
I’m impressed with this creamer! It is made with real milk, cream and sugar. In fact, it only has 5 simple ingredients and is lower in sugar. I also love that I can keep my coffee interesting with three delicious flavors: Vanilla, Caramel and Hazelnut. It has been a game changer for me to feel good about enjoying a cup of coffee with Simply Pure creamer.
The next thing I love to have, right alongside my cup of coffee, is toast. I love bread and I’ve tried the no-bread thing. Did not go well. Now, I just make better choices and enjoy a piece of toast topped with the right proteins and fats. I usually make one of three different types of Ricotta Toast – which I’m sharing below.
Ricotta Toast – 3 Ways
Blueberry and Almond with Honey Lemon Ricotta | Tomato & Avocado with Herbed Ricotta | Seasoned Egg & Spinach Ricotta
They are so simple to make – and along with your coffee, will leave you feeling satisfied all morning. To start, you’ll need to have three simple Ricotta spreads on hand. These are simple to mix up and keep on hand for an easy breakfast all week long.
All the recipes can be found below –but the hardest part of any of them is cooking an egg. With a busy schedule, these are my kind of breakfast choices! You only need to spread the Ricotta on your favorite piece of bread and top with the other ingredients. I usually like to use my favorite sprouted wheat bread, but I also love rye bread, pictured in this post.
I love them all, but my favorite has to be the blueberry almond topped toast. The honey lemon ricotta is delicious! It is fantastic with my coffee and Vanilla Simply Pure Creamer.
My coffee and my breakfast are a great part of my day. It’s when I take the time to plan out the day or week ahead – creating a to-do list, checking my calendar to see what I need to tackle, what is due and what is a priority.
How do you keep breakfast simple?
Get some inspiration here.
Looking for International Delight Simply Pure Creamer? You can find it at Walmart in the refrigerated section – keeping your eyes open for a special diplay
- Bread of Choice – Toasted
- For Ricotta Spreads :
- 1/2 c. Part Skim Ricotta per spread
- For Honey/Lemon:
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Honey
- For Herbed Ricotta :
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings – dried
- For Spinach Ricotta:
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- For Blueberry/Almond Honey Lemon Toast
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp almonds – sliced works nicely
- 2 tsp honey
- For Seasoned Egg/Spinach Ricotta:
- 1 Egg- cooked over-easy or sunny side up
- salt/pepper to taste & italian seasonings to taste
- For Herbed Ricotta/Tomato/Avocado:
- 1/4 c. chopped tomato
- drizzle of EVOO
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 3-4 slices of avocado
- Toast bread and top slice with desired spread
- For Blueberry/Almond w/ Honey Lemon:
- Mix together the blueberries, almonds and honey
- Spread Honey Lemon Ricotta on toast and top with blueberry Almond mixture.
- For Spinach Ricotta w/ Seasoned Egg
- Top toast with Herbed Ricotta Spread and Egg.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and seasonings to taste
- Top with tomato if desired
- For Herbed RIcotta with Tomato and Avocado:
- Mix chopped tomato, EVOO and salt/pepper
- Spread Herbed Ricotta on Toast
- Lay 3-4 slices over ricotta
- Top with Tomato mixture
- Salt & Pepper to taste