This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #AnytimePasta http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Pasta Carbonara is one of my favorite pasta dishes! However, depending on the preparation, it can be a heavy dish. I wanted to lighten up this favorite pasta recipe of mine, while making it easier to prepare during our busy weeknights. Barilla Pronto Pasta in the Linguine variety is perfect for helping to quicken the preparation of this dish – taking it to a one-pot wonder!
Carbonara is a sauce usually made with eggs, minced bacon or ham, grated cheese, cream and black pepper. It’s pretty easy to lighten up by substituting fat-free milk for the cream and eliminating the butter that some recipes call for. With Barilla Pronto Pasta – the dish will be ready super-quick, making it a great weeknight meal. I found this new pasta at Stop & Shop and stocked up on some of our favorites to help make some of our favorite pasta dishes easier to prepare!
To make this lightened-up Carbonara — start with 1 box of the Barilla Pronto Linguine (you can also use Spaghetti). You’ll pour the entire contents of the box into a skillet and fill with 3 cups of water to ensure the pasta is covered and add a pinch of salt. Set your timer for 10 minutes, because that’s all it will take to have pasta that is ready to go – no draining, no boiling water.
For me, I like this preparation as I have always prepared my pasta by draining it and saving some of the water it was cooked in. Once the pasta was drained, I always added it back into the pot it was cooked in with sauce and adding the pasta water. It is the way I was taught to make it and it always comes out great! With Barilla Pronto, the pasta comes out just the way I like it without all the extra steps!
The rest of the steps to the recipe are fairly simple and are easily accomplished while the pasta cooks. When there is about 1-2 minutes left on the pasta, a milk mixture is added to the pasta, followed by whisked egg. The heat should be very low or off at this point, as the hot pasta will be enough to cook the egg. As you slowly add in the mixture, continue stirring your pasta so that you get a nice creamy sauce. Follow by stirring in minced bacon. Top with fresh chopped parsley and plate.
It’s simple. Delicious. And, my favorite part, easy. Easy to cook and easy to clean-up.
You can find the complete recipe below and make sure you grab some New Barilla Pronto Pasta next time you shop at Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, or Martin’s Food Markets. Barilla Pronto Pasta is also available through Peapod!
What pasta dish would you love to try using Barilla Pronto Pasta?
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Pasta - Linguine. *You can use any variety of Barilla Pronto Pasta*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup minced bacon (cooked crispy)
- 1 cup of low fat milk (1% or 2%)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- ¼ c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt / Freshly Ground Pepper - to taste.
- Start by preparing the pasta.
- In a large skillet, add entire contents of Barilla Pronto Linguine to the skillet.
- Add 3 cups of water to skillet or enough to cover the pasta fully.
- Set timer for 10 minutes for pasta.
- In a separate small skillet, saute the garlic in some olive oil. Add milk.
- Heat and add minced bacon along with (please note, bacon should already have been cooked).
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Add salt and pepper. Finally combine egg with the milk & cheese mixture.
- When there is about 1 minute left in cooking time, and most water has been absorbed, slowly pour the egg/cheese/milk mixture over the pasta, stirring continuously to ensure a nice creamy mixture.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley & serve immediately!