This post, featuring a recipe for Beer Glazed Meatballs has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HouseofBBQ #CollectiveBias. Content is intended for readers who are 21 and over.
It’s become sort of a joke, but it is true – my Italian family always seems to have meatballs at every occasion. We’ll find someway to work it in – perhaps that’s because my mother-in-law can’t help but make them, or that my kids love them. They are always on the table, in some way. So, we’ve had to get creative. Think outside the box with meatballs – and I came up with a fun way to bring the meatball to the BBQ with these Beer Glazed Meatballs with a hint of citrus.
I decided to use our favorite summer-time beer – Blue Moon Belgium White to make a glaze. Since we love the taste of Blue Moon with an orange, I wanted to add a bit of that citrus to the glaze. The result is delicious – and everyone will devour these as an appetizer!
Best of all, they pair really well with the Blue Moon.
I like to make mini-meatballs, as these are great for picking up with toothpicks and are the perfect bite-size. You can serve them as an appetizer, but there’s no reason you couldn’t make the meatballs larger. I went with a Certified Angus Beef for making these mini-meatballs.
This recipe is easy to make, especially when shopping at Price Chopper. They have the House of BBQ resource which inspires so many amazing dishes, recipes and ideas for summer entertaining. Plus, Price Chopper allows me that one-stop shopping. I can pick up the beer and all of my food items in one stop.
While at Price Chopper, I also picked up Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, which is perfect for those summer nights out on the deck, as the BBQ is winding down.
- For Meatballs:
- 1 lb. Certified Angus Beef
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp italian seasonings
- 2 eggs – beat lightly
- 1/2 c. grated parmiggiano reggiano cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c. milk
- For Glaze:
- 1 bottle Blue Moon Belgian White
- 1/2 orange – squeezed
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp worshershire sauce
- For Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray w/ nonstick cook spray
- Combine ingredients for the meatballs into a large bowl. Mix well using hands. Add milk slowly as needed to reach right consistency.
- Form meatballs into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning once – until well-browned.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Once meatballs are done, add to glaze until coated.
- Remove from saucepan to serve.
What are some of your favorite unique dishes for a great BBQ? Visit Price Chopper/ House of BBQ for more inspiration!
I had such a great experience purchasing Blue Moon and Leinenkugel’s at Price Chopper! These great drinks & fun times shared with friends, inspire me to always make sure to ask for Blue Moon or Leinenkugel’s at some of our favorite local places here in NJ – The Stirling Hotel, The Grain House CopperTop Pub and The Chimney Rock Inn.