This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #OnePotPasta http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
We all have that one meal that reminds us of growing up. The meal that takes us back to when we were younger and someone else was doing the cooking for you. For me, that dish was Broccoli & Pasta – made with a parmesan cheese sauce, garlic and olive oil. I make it the way it was made for me – and my children love it. So, when I can save a little prep time on dinner to spend more time with them, it’s a win-win. Every time-saver helps make a big difference in our nighttime routine.
With Barilla Pronto Pasta, you can make your meals more efficient and free up some more time. Who doesn’t need that? After picking up the Barilla Pronto Penne Pasta at ShopRite, I decided to adapt my favorite recipe to a quick, one-pot meal that I could throw together in no time.
The result was a One-Pot Creamy Pasta with Broccoli Dish. There were no leftovers around our table of picky eaters.
You can get the complete recipe below, but I promise, it’s simple and quick. The Barilla Pronto Pasta allows you to do your cooking all in one pot. You don’t have to boil it seperately or drain it. I love the idea of less dishes!
The possibilities for Barilla Pronto Pasta are endless in my kitchen – we make a lot of meals and dishes with pasta and I know this will become a way for me to cook our favorites in less time & effort.
One-Pot Creamy Penne Pasta with Broccoli
1 box Barilla Pronto Penne
fresh broccoli florets – 3 cups
4 TBSP Olive Oil
3 Cloves of garlic – minced
Salt and Pepper
2 c. Parmesan. cheese – freshly grated or shaved
1/2 lemon – juiced
3/4 c. chicken stock
dash of garlic powder
1. Start with a large skillet or pan. Add the whole box of pasta and 3 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 6-7 minutes until pasta is almost al-dente. The water will have started to be absorbed.
2. Add in your fresh broccoli florets, garlic and chicken stock and allow to cook for the remaining 3-4 minutes – the liquid should be almost all absorbed.
3. Add in olive oil and chicken stock, stirring and cooking an additional minute.
4. Finally, add in the grated parmesan cheese. Save a little on the side for topping each serving later on. Mix cheese into pasta until melted and evenly spread throughout the dish. If you need a little more liquid, use the chicken stock to add some moisture.
5. Remove from skillet – serve and enjoy the fact that there was only one pot used to prepare this meal!
In-Store Promotion – ShopRite
Buy any FOUR (4) Barilla® Pronto™ pasta products for $5.00 or $1.25 each. Available until 5/16/15 while supplies last. No coupon needed.