Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartSummer and #CollectiveBias
As the weather warms up, it’s exciting to think about entertaining outside! After a long winter inside, it’s so nice to open up the doors to the deck, have that extra living space and think about entertaining.
The thing about summer entertaining is that it can be really easy to throw together a relaxed, no-fuss party with friends and family. The summer lends itself to that laid-back style – so I like to go with that. Cold beverages, great appetizers, the BBQ going and being surrounded in good company. That’s what it’s all about.
One appetizer I like to make that is always a crowd-pleaser, is an Artichoke Parmesan Crostini.
This super-simple recipe allows you to prep the topping early and assemble quickly for guests. Whether it’s one of many appetizers or a quick prep for an impromptu guest, you’ll definitely add this one to your mix of recipes!
Start with selecting a good loaf of bread. I chose an Italian bread and sliced into 1 inch thick pieces. Next, lay the pieces on large baking sheet and brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and italian seasonings. Bake in the oven at 350 until crunchy and crispy.
Meanwhile, drain marinated artichoke hearts and chop. Combine with fresh shaved parmesan cheese, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.
Once bread is done and has cooled slightly, smooth a think layer of ricotta cheese onto the crostini and top with the artichoke parmesan mixture.
This is my go-to recipe during the summer. I like to keep summer entertaining colorful and vibrant by using different patterns and textures. Have fun with it!
Stay organized for entertaining by keeping all of your summer entertaining supplies together. I keep mine in a big bin and I pull it out each season. Whenever I have a party, I can pull out what I need since it’s all in one place.
Need more ideas? Find your inspiration on the Simple Entertaining Social Hub
To stock up, I head to Walmart for all my summer entertaining needs. I can get everything I need all in one place, from food to items to create a beautiful tablescape.
Recipe: Artichoke Parmesan Crostini
- Bread of choice – Cut into about 1/2 inch think slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil & another tbsp for brushing on bread
- 1/2 cup fresh shaved or grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp italian seasonings
- Start by slicing bread, and laying on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Bake until crispy and golden – watch carefully.
- Drain artichoke hearts well and add to medium sized bowl.
- Mix with parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil. Combine well.
- When bread is done and cooled slightly, top with a layer of ricotta cheese.
- Spoon the artichoke-parmesan mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite ways to entertain in the summer?
See more at the Simple Entertaining Social Hub