I love flatbread – topped with just about anything! A flatbread can make a great meal or appetizer. Last week, I made a Mediterranean Flatbread from my HelloFresh delivery. It was ‘out of this world good” — so much so, that my son and hubby asked for it again this week.This rarely happens.
I made a few changes and omissions, but below is my version of this yummy flatbread adapted from the HelloFresh recipe. It is so easy to make and once you have the basic idea, the possibilities are endless for building your own flatbread recipe.
Zucchini, Arugula & Feta Flatbread
I love the crunch of the pepitas with the tanginess of the Feta and distinct taste of the Arugula. Combined with the lemon, this flatbread is bliss to eat! As I mentioned above, I omitted a few things. First – I did not spread hummus on the flatbread. I find the oil helps the Arugula and Zucchini stay put. I also took out sun-dried tomatoes as we just don’t care for them. You can add them back in or make any changes to this super-flexible recipe.
- 1 Zucchini, sliced thin
- Pizza Dough - Whole Wheat
- ¼ c Feta Crumbles
- 4 oz. Arugula, rinsed, drained
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 oz Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Start by shaping dough into rectangular shape on baking sheet.
- Poke holes in dough with fork, brush with ½ Tsp of Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt - Bake until crispy.
- Meanwhile, saute zucchini in pan with a few drop of olive oil. Do not overcook - just cook until tender. Set aside.
- Mix arugula, 1 tsp of olive oil, salt, pepper and pepitas with lemon juice.
- When flatbread is done, top with the arugula mix
- Sprinkle with feta.
- Finally, drizzle with remaining olive oil.