Halloween is tomorrow – and I’m lucky that my kids are super-little. They’re happy to go out from 4:00-5:00 – before it gets dark. But, I know many other children in our area wait until it gets dark to embark on their night of trick or treating! As parents, we always want our kids to be safe, especially around Halloween. Below are some safety apps for Halloween that you can use to help keep your family safe.
Apps for Safety
Verizon Family Locator: This app will help you keep track of your family members – displaying their wherabouts. The app displays yoruIt is available on capable devices. The mobile app will display your family members’ whereabouts on an interactive map, so you can monitor your trick-or-treaters’ route.
Back in the day – my mom would have loved this. It pained her when I got old enough to go out alone with my friends. She used to want to know an exact route and estimated time of arrival back home! With this app, she would have had no reason to worry!
Tagg – The Pet Tracker: This app does the same thing but for pets. You can let your pet out of the house with teh safety and security that the dog will be okay.
A flashlight app can light the way from house to house. The bright phone screen will also make your trick-or-treaters more visible to drivers in the neighborhood.
Apps for Fun
Below are a few apps that can enhance your Halloween experience.
- Spook your friends on social media with Ghost Lens, a ghostly photo and video sharing app. Ghost Lens transforms your photos by changing and layering the transparency to make it appear that a ghost is looming.
- Choose from a number of supernatural sound effects that transform your voice and creep out your colleagues with Voice Changer with Effects.
- Seek out the haunts in your area this Halloween with Haunted Places USA, a database of haunted locations around the United States.
- Show off your pumpkin carving prowess by using your fingers to create a mess-free Jack-O-Lantern with Halloween Pumpkin Carver. Turn off the lights by tapping the “Lights” button to see what your mysterious masterpiece looks like at night.
- Frighten your family and friends with these 50 free Halloween sounds from the Halloween Spooky Sound Box.
This post was written with information from Verizon Wireless. No compensation or product was received. All thoughts and opinions are my own.