Every time I turn around, my four year old son is asking me for a snack. We’ve done away with a lot of the ‘snack foods’ in the house and have opted to try and go with more filling, healthy snacks. One snack that has quick become a favorite is the Fruit Pizza. Not only does my son love helping to make it, he can customize and it is something he can share with his little sisters.
- Whole Wheat Quesadilla, Flat Bread or Pita. (I use Sandwich Pitas, so it is thick enough to pick up after cutting into triangles)
- 1 c. Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, Vanilla (mixed with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon)
- Choice of fruits for topping, chopped small. (I like to use Strawberries, Banana, Grapes, Star Fruit, Mango, Pineapple, honeydew, apple)
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1/4 c. almonds, toasted or untoasted
- See below for step-by-step instructions with pictures
Start by preparing your fruit and other toppings. Chop fruit into small pieces, so your pizza “slices” are easier to eat.
Combine yogurt and cinnamon. Mix well. Spreading your yogurt mix evenly on top of the pita. Create a thick enough layer so that fruit will ‘stay put.’ Kids love helping with this recipe and creating their very own “pizza.”
Add desired fruit and sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
Cut into desired pizza, or even fold in half to eat! Easy!