I love this quesadilla recipe for an easy family meal. It’s so delicious and one of the few meals everyone in this house agrees upon. My daughters love to eat the filling for these quesadillas, which is made up of spinach, chicken, beans, peppers and onions. Alone or in the quesadillas, this is just one of those meals that everyone will love.
If you want to change it up and try a different, healthier version of your favorite restaurant quesadilla, look no further. This recipe is out of this world – OMG good.
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (for this, I like to use the pre-cooked chicken breasts.)
- ½ c. diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- ½ c. diced green pepper
- ½ c. diced red pepper
- 4 cups of baby spinach - chop coarsely.
- 1 can cannellini beans - rinse/drain
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Cooking Spray
- Shredded Cheese - I use a light cheddar,
- salt & pepper
- Toppings of choice: Salsa, sour cream
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add onions, peppers and garlic. Once softened, add flour to veggies. Cook to combine. Add chicken broth to this and cook again until smooth.
- Add baby spinach; cook until wilted - about 3 minutes.
- Finally, add beans
- Spray another large skillet with cooking spray and heat skillet. Take one tortilla and place in the pan, folding it half. On the inside, spread the chicken mixture evenly and top with your cheese. Try to spread the mixture evenly over the quesadilla. Cook until a light golden brown, flipping once. Serve warm.