I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for TruGreen. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
With a long, snow-filled winter finally behind us, we’re looking forward to getting outdoors this Spring. With such a harsh winter f, we are looking forward to getting our lawn back into good shape – since we spend so much time in our backyard. Your lawn shows the pride you have for your home and helps add value to the neighborhood! Getting your lawn looking beautiful does take some work, but it doesn’t have to be impossible. With great resources from TruGreen you can have your lawn looking great.
Here are 5 tips for getting your lawn ready for the season:
1. Break out the rakes! Do a spring clean up of dead leaves, twigs, and other debris from the long winter. This prepares the lawn to grow healthy, lush grass – and makes it easier for you to maintain.
2. Mulch and border beds. After a long winter, the borders for our mulch beds are a bit mess. This creates a clean look and establishes the space.
3. Use appropriate fertilizer to encourage healthy lawn growth after the winter.
4. Begin to maintain – make sure you are watering your lawn (follow water guidelines for your area) and mowing at the correct height with good blades.
5. Visualize the backyard you want for you and your family – whether it’s a new fire pit area or outdoor living space – think of ways to enjoy your backyard this season. We are thinking of a new seating area in the one corner of our large deck.
If you enjoy visualizing that perfect backyard, you’ll want to enter the
TruGreen is giving away fantastic prizes to get America’s backyards ready for spring. Enter the TruGreen Backyard Makeover Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of 30 daily prizes, including outdoor grills, fire pits and lawn furniture, along with a grand prize $10,000 backyard makeover by TV host Jason Cameron.