Lately, I seem to be hearing a lot of “buzz” about apple cider vinegar. From household cleaning tips to recipes and health benefits- apple cider vinegar is so versatile. Some of the uses are actually quite surprising.
Here are just a few of the many, many uses:
- As a hair rinse: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing for body and shine. Fill an old shampoo bottled with 1/2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water. Pour directly on your hair after shampooing a few times a week.
- Sunburn relief: Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to bath and soak for 10 minutes.
- Facial toner: apple cider vinegar can help regulate the pH of your skin. Dilute with two parts water and apply to face as a toner. You can also apply it directly to age spots to help lighten them.
- Weight-Loss: For daily weight and pH balance maintenance, add 2 teaspoons to 16 oz of water.
- Household Cleaning: Mix 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water. Use to clean kitchen and bathroom surfaces (acts as a disinfectant!), windows, glass and mirrors.
- Cooking: Check out the Heinz Website for some great recipes and tips for using apple cider vinegar. See, also, the recipe (below) for a great apple cider chicken marinade.
I had the opportunity to try Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar. I found out that there are actually two different types – apple cider vinegar and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. What’s the difference?
Apple cider vinegar has a mellow flavor. It is clear and looks like apple juice. With a 5% acidity, it is ideal for pickling and canning – not to mention cooking and cleaning.
Unfiltered apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, is the vinegar in it’s purest form. It contains the “mother” of the vinegar, which is the natural compound created when the vinegar is fermented. This vinegar is more cloudy and there are bits of apple floating in it. This particular vinegar is great for cooking and has great health benefits.
Heinz has been producing pure, all natural vinegar since the company’s founding in 1869. They make all different types of vinegars, each with their own amazing uses. You can find Heinz Vinegars at your local grocery store. Also, be sure to visit Heinz Vinegar on Pinterest for great recipes and tips for using vinegar.
Recipe: Apple Cider Vinegar Chicken Marinade
A tangy, perfect for summer marinade that is great for grilling!
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsps parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsps herbes de provence
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 /2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
In a bowl, Whisk together all ingredients. Add chicken, marinade chicken in mixture, refrigerated, for 8 hours or overnight, if you prefer.