This summer is our first time bringing three kids to the beach. It can be a challenge — especially when two of them are one-year old twins and the other, a very active almost 4 year old. Gone are the days, pre-kids of course, where I’d get to sit on the beach, people watch, listen to music, read and work on my tan. Now, it’s all about managing and coordinating my little ones so that everyone has a great time. While my beach experience is certainly different now that I have kids, it doesn’t mean it can’t be fun and
easy easier. Below are some of my favorite must-haves for a successful day at the beach with little ones.
|[Photo: Hollie & Harrie]|
1. Good Sun Coverage: Having shade for the little ones is key. Aside from good sun hats, think about how you can create good cover from the sun. A good umbrella or a beach tent can be really useful! I personally love the Sombrilla from Hollie & Harrie – great coverage, adjustable to move with the sun and easy to carry!
2. Beach Cart, Stroller or Wagon: Getting three little ones onto the beach is tricky. Not only do you have to juggle a ton of gear, but someone is saying the sand is hot, another wants a snack and yet another is crying…(at least that’s how it went down for me last weekend). A good all-terrain wagon for the kids, all-terrain stroller or beach cart for your gear will be a life-saver!
3. UV Rashgaurds, hats and suits: I slather the kids up with sunblock several times while we’re at the beach, but I love the UV protection that many hats, suits and rashguards offer. It’ll save you from the all-over re-application of sunblock and provide better protection for your little one. Cabanalife has a selection that I adore!
4. Wet-Bags: Trust me…these come in very handy for all those sandy, wet items. I always have my kids change before leaving the beach. With great wet-bags, you can just toss them in and go. Itzy-Ritzy makes the best zippered bags in different sizes!
5. Sand Removal: You can use the baby-powder trick for sand-removal, but I absolutely LOVE the Sand Off! Powder Infused Mitt. This makes it so easy to rub the sand right off my squirmy kids. It works so well and lasts a while!
What do you make sure you have in your bag when hitting the beach?
This is not a sponsored or compensated post. These are my favorite products for a great day at the beach with kids. All thoughts are my own.