Deep oil treatments, shine serums, conditioners – they’re all fabulous and can make your hair look amazing. But nothing gets you better hair than making sure you have a healthy scalp. Healthy hair starts at the root -your scalp. Here are some guidelines for caring for your scalp and getting the best hair possible – especially as we change seasons and cold weather is on the way.
Maintain a healthy diet and get plenty of water. A healthy body will lead to a healthy scalp and eventually, healthy hair!
Include Products Designed to Replenish the Scalp
I recently began using CLEAR SCALP & HAIR™ Intense Hydration Nourishing Shampoo and Nourishing Daily Conditioner. The products you use can be game-changing if you use them consistently and choose the right ones.
Why I love CLEAR SCALP & HAIR PRODUCTS
CLEAR SCALP & HAIR is a global haircare brand that is committeed to helping people nourish the scalp for strong, beautiful hair. Launched in 2012, this company shifted the entire focus of how women care for their hair. Instead of focusing on the ends of hair, CLEAR SCALP & HAIR encourages women to focus on the scalp – where 99% of hair’s natural strength and beauty comes from. They believe that like soil to a tree, a well-nourished scalp is the best foundation for great hair. With all I put my hair through, having healthy hair is so important!
The line consists of an Intense Hydration Nourishing Shampoo and Daily Conditioner that deliver the following benefits:
- Helps make hair resilient to dryness for 24 hours of soft, hydrated hair
- Infused with cactus extract, a known hydrator
- Formulated with Nutirum 10, an advanced moisture complex of vitamins and nutrients including B5, C & E, sunflower, almond, soybean , coconut oils, glycerain and aloe.
- Leaves hair strong from root to tip
- Replenishes hydration with regular use
My experience with CLEAR SCALP & HAIR was great! I definitely felt that my scalp was better hydrated. I previously would develop an itchy scalp for no apparant reason but now I know it was because it wasn’t getting the right hydration and nourishment. Now, my scalp feels great and my hair is definitely softer and more vibrant.
You can find these products at Target.com and Walgreens.com for a suggested retail price of $4.99 – $5.99. Affordable luxury for your scalp & hair!
Break Bad Habits
Some of these things, I did all the time! I had no idea they were bad for my hair. Here are some habits to break now for a healthier scalp:
- Avoid washing hair in temperature extremes – too hot or too cold
- Don’t tie up wet hair – this lets moisture sit close to the scalp and can clog pores.
- Don’t scratch your scalp with your fingernails – the scalp is very delicate!
- Watch how much build-up from products and heat that you are exposing your hair to.
- Don’t sleep on a cotton pillowcase! Either use a satin head wrap or a satin pillowcase. The natural oils in your hair are absorbed by the cotton, while the satin allows your scalp and hair to mainstain them.
- Change habits with the season – new weather and temperatures can change your scalp health. Be sure to know your scalp through the seasons and make adjustments to your routine.
- Treat your scalp just like the rest of your skin – it is skin and needs the same nourishment you provide your face.
Tell me: What do you do when the seasons change to care for your scalp & hair?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.