Imagine, your child able to learn to ride a bike in a single afternoon. When I saw this claim from Jyrobike, I was immediately interested. You see, my son, has sensory processing issues. He wants to ride a bike, but is so nervous about the balancing. It’s been frustrating for him and for us. He can’t help it and there’s not much more than we can do but leave his training wheels on.
But with Jyrobike, there would be no need for training wheels. Read on….
Clunky training wheels that draw attention to new bike riders and pedal-less ‘balance bikes’ are a thing of the past. Jyrobike is the world’s first auto balance bicycle and features a unique Control Hub with gyroscopic technology to literally balance itself as the child pedals like they would on any typical bike without the risk of falling over. With Jyrobike, kids will be able to learn to ride a bike in a single day without the fear and frustration of toppling over. In addition, special needs experts believe that Jyrobike may be able to help individuals with cognitive disorders, attention deficit, and proprioceptive or balance challenges experience the joy of riding a bike as well.
* Jyrobike is aimed at 3-8 year olds and available in 12″ and 16″ wheels.
* Control Hub acts like a gyroscope to provide a stabilising force, working in a similar fashion as gyroscopes do to keep helicopters stable in the air, boats stable at sea and spaceships stable in orbit. Control Hub can be fitted to any 12” or 16” bicycles and will be available as a standalone purchase or can be bought alongside the complete 12” and 16” Jyrobike.
* Features 10 World-Wide Patents which include:
• Flywheel Control System – Jyrobike’s gyroscopic force can be controlled to suit each child’s balance. As balance and confidence increase, the force of the flywheel can be turned down by selecting one of three balance settings found on the Control Hub itself.
• Wireless Controller – parents can also adjust the gyroscopic force of the Control Hub remotely using the optional Wireless Controller. The Wireless Controller can also be used to choose different sounds on the Control Hub as well as turn the volume up and down. This is a fantastic way for parents to covertly adjust balance settings so the rider learns without the anxiety of knowing an adjustment change is happening.
• Mega Sound – the Control Hub will feature three cool sounds at launch. A booming siren, classic bugle charge and roaring dinosaur will come pre-installed in the Control Hub.
• High quality speaker – Mega Sound will be brought to life by the Control Hub’s built in 105dB speaker.
• Updates & Customisable Sounds – parents will have the option to add new sounds to the Control Hub and update the Hub’s software via a micro USB connection, which can also be used to charge the Control Hub on the go.
• Removable Mass – the gyroscopic technology that keeps Jyrobike stable can be removed from the Control Hub once kids are confident on their bikes, leaving them free to enjoy the freedom of riding a bicycle without any assistance. This will reduce the weight of the Control Hub by 60%. The flywheel
can be re-installed anytime to teach riding skills as and when needed.
The company hopes to raise an initial funding goal of $100,000 USD (which has already been wildly successful!) through Kickstarter for production expenses. As an incentive to “pledgers,” Jyrobike will offer promotions and limited edition items which will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign throughout June. The company will make every effort to deliver Jyrobike (to those who pre-order it through Kickstarter) before the holiday season.
To learn more, visit:
This is not a sponsored post. Information above was provided to me via Press Kit for the purposes of sharing with my readers if I chose to do.