October is SIDS Awareness Month
This month, you can help HALO in thier ongoing effort to prevent SIDS and raise awareness. For the entire month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new ‘like’ on their Facebook page. Help HALO spread the awareness about SIDS and Safe Sleep!
HALO Innovation’s SleepSack® wearable blankets have become the standard for hospital nurseries and parents alike. Through their ongoing commitment to educate parents and healthcare professionals, the HALO Safer Way to Sleep® In-Hospital Program replaces the traditional blankets in your well-baby nursery and NICU with a supply of HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle wearable blankets to model a safe, blanket-free alternative for parents. In fact, 1,000 hospital nurseries use the HALO SleepSack Swaddle instead of blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.
Safe Sleep Tips for Parents:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface.
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
In order to practive safe sleep in our home, we use HALO Sleep Sacks with our twin girls. We started using the SleepSack Swaddle when they were infants. I believe these wearable blankets are a must-have for any parent. In fact, with EVERY shower gift I give…or new baby present, I always include a HALO SleepSack. Most parents have heard of them, but it’s my gentle reminder that a wearable blanket should replace loose blankets or sheets.
Now that it’s getting colder, I love the MicroFleece SleepSack, pictured above. This SleepSack keeps my girls nice and warm during these very cold fall nights. You can see more about this particular SleepSack and other HALO products over on their website.
For More Information:
Enter via Rafflecopter widget below.
No purchase necessary. Open US/Canada. Giveaway starts on October 21st and ends October 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM(EST). ONE ENTRANT PER HOUSEHOLD/IP Address
By entering this giveaway, you confirm that you have read and agree to my giveaway rules. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability. Odds of winning: The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. All prizes will be awarded. Void where prohibited by law.