It’s hard to believe, but it’s that time of year again: back to school time, that is. The stores have started gearing up with all manner of school supplies and stylish clothing – and personalization is the name of the game. Kids want to express their unique personalities, and this year’s buys make that possible. But it doesn’t necessarily mean breaking the bank. Simply get creative and choose a few items from the list below to send your kids back to school in style.
- Bags galore: Gone are the days of boring solid colors for backpacks. Now kids can choose from an assortment of backpack designs, from animal print patterns to florals, graphics and plaids. A simple bag never looked so cool. Not only that, but lunch boxes have taken a turn as well. Where once a plastic sack or brown paper bag would suffice, now kids can tote their lunch in an insulated sack, a kit with lidded compartments, a stainless steel lunch box and more.
- Binders and other supplies: Help your kids personalize their style with blinged-out staplers, scissors and pencil cases in a variety of shapes and designs. Some fun pencil cases are available in floral, striped or animal print patterns and kids can have their names or a favorite quote emblazoned across the front.
- Tech gifts: Older kids will enjoy the latest tech gifts. Not only are these gifts – including a portable Bluetooth speaker, headphones, computer and phones – functional, they’re also easily customizable. For example, larger headphones are noise canceling but can be decorated with stickers or gemstones for a personal touch.
- Personalized gifts: Students will love having back to school gear they can easily claim as their own. Help them design their water bottles, iPhone cases or other items they’ll bring to school with them every day.
- Bright clothing: These days, nothing says style like bold and bright clothing for kids. Even if the majority of your children’s clothing is tame, they can have fun personalizing their look with shoes (and shoelaces!) and accessories like sunglasses, headbands and jewelry.
- Customization kits: Some clothing and accessory lines are now offering customization kits when you buy their products. These kits – intended for use with shoes or backpacks, for instance – provide craft materials that allow kids to doodle, embellish and stylize their own goods.
Author Bio: Heather Hewitt is a seasoned writer and guest author who enjoys connecting people with thoughtful products, services and ideas as they relate to crafting, photography, gift giving and personal expression.